Monday 25 October 2010

Out and about....green light

From Fashionistable
From Fashionistable
Alex is a Civil Servant, however his post is not permenent and with the way things are right now is feeling a bit apprehensive, so is job hunting. The 50's is his style influence, he told me because he is skinny he is restricted as to where he can shop. He has found that only Topman really caters for his size off the peg. Otherwise he has to have his clothing altered. He said "there are not enough clothes for skinny guys." He loves to jive and regularly goes to the South London Pacific for their Rock 'n' Roll night. His glasses are Kirk Originals which he bought in Covent Garden. All his clothing is from Topman. The shoes are from Schuh and his watch is by Nooka.

10 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

great look. fitted and chic with the right colours. very jill sander-esque, though the collar has a comme de garcons look about it.

i know excatly how he feels when he says that nobody really caters for skinny guys. i also have ALL my clothes 'taken in'/ altered from t-shirts to pants. costs a fortune and my tailor is very happy. she keeps telling me, "nobody wants a skinny boy, david. here, have some pie." "but then if i was bigger, then you wouldn't have me as a customer. so be happy for me."

i eat all types of stuff and never gain an ounce. maybe it's genetic. but then everybody in my family is big.

Unknown said...

Great style.I like the mix and match of punk vs. mod style. It looks really fresh and new. later, FashionLifeCoach

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

This guy looks fab, and I love the backdrop!

http://pennydreadfulvintage.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Sharp....super sharp! The photos are brilliant to Dvora!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Wonderful pictures (the background is very interesting). Surprising to hear someone say there are not enough clothes for thin people.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Alex has a great look. The backdrop is brilliant too, what is it? I'm drawn to anything sparkly like that xx

Style, She Wrote said...

His conservative/50s look is perfect for job interviews and everyday! Good luck to him!

Fashionistable said...

The background is a circular glass sculpture outside an office between Victoria and St James Park which is where I was wondering around on the day I spotted them both. I was very lucky that both came together. I had spotted the circle first and was just very lucky to meet Alex soon after and equally lucky he had the time to go back to it with me. Thank you for all your lovely comments. Xxxx

Biana said...

Love these!!! Awesome portraits!!! So cool, especially because of the subject too :)

Penny said...

He has a great look, and I love his glasses. The color of his pants is really cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...